- Construction Hours: Construction Activities are allowed between the hours of 7 am to 9 pm weekdays only. Working at any other time will require written permission of the Building Official in advance per Maitland City Code Section 10-11-C.
- The City of Maitland has a Non-Exclusive Franchise (Dumpster) Construction and Debris (C&D)/Roll-Off Program. For more information, including a list of approved franchise haulers, visit the Non-Exclusive Franchise C&D/Roll-Off Program page.
- The City supports the International Property Maintenance Code (IPMC) as a model code regulating the minimum maintenance requirements for existing buildings
On June 27, 2016 the City of Maitland adopted local amendments to Chapter 1 of the Florida Building Code, and the minimum housing code, 2015 IPMC with Maitland amendments. The City enforces the following Codes:
- Florida Building Code - Accessibility - 6th Edition (2017)
- Florida Building Code - Building - 6th Edition (2017)
- Florida Building Code - Energy Conservation - 6th Edition (2017)
- Florida Building Code - Existing Building - 6th Edition (2017)
- Florida Building Code - Fuel Gas - 6th Edition (2017)
- Florida Building Code - Mechanical - 6th Edition (2017)
- Florida Building Code - Plumbing - 6th Edition (2017)
- Florida Building Code - Residential - 6th Edition (2017)
- Florida Fire Prevention Code - 6th Edition (2017)
- National Electrical Code 2014
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and NFPA 101 (2012) as incorporated into FFPC 6th Edition (2017) and other NFPA codes as reference.
To schedule inspections please use the following options:
- You can send an email to our Inspections e-mail; or
- You also may schedule online. Either way you choose to schedule your inspection, please include:
- Permit number
- Project address
- Inspection type you are requesting. Please included any added information to clarify what you want to have inspected.
- Contact name and number
Note: Please be clear and concise with your request. We make every effort to schedule inspections requested before 4 p.m. for the following day.
Inspection hours are from 7:30 am-3:30 pm, Monday through Friday. After-hours inspections are not available.
Non-Scheduling Questions or Concerns
For non-scheduling questions or concerns please feel free to contact one of the Building Division supervisors:
- Building Official: John Jackson
- Call 407-539-6151
- Email John Jackson
- Building Inspector: Drew Frame
- Call 407-539-6156
- Email Drew Frame
Building Department Hours of Operation 8 am to 5 pm weekdays.